Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Same book, different day










We celebrated Nicole's 21st birthday tonight. I can't believe she is 21, how did she become 21 already? When I met Nicole, she was a 12 year old that was going on 21. We've had our ups and downs over the years. I am so thankful that since becoming an adult, she has also become her own person and Dan, Emily, Louie and I are a part of her life.
Now the birthday party is over and I'm getting ready to go away for the weekend. Dan is giving Nicole a ride home and I just got done reading Emily her most favorite book in the world.

Emily LOVES Peter. She loves "The Snowy Day," but she loves Peter's Chair more. Auntie M gave Emily Peter's Chair when Louie was born, what a fitting book? Ever since, we have had to read that book for naps and bed time. A friend from work has a little boy named Peter and Emily was so confused, she didn't understand that someone else could have that name. When she goes to bed and the book isn't there, she asks for "Peter" every night.

Funny, the Ezra Jack Keats books were my favorites when I was a kid. The Snowy Day was my favorite.

Emily's Favorites:
Peter's Chair
Fisher Price Piggy Bank
American Baby Bitty Twins
her puppy and doggie


Louie's Favorites:
Gordon (from Thomas and Friends)
any truck
bananas
anything that is currently in Emily's hands
Emily's doll buggy



No comments: