It is MEA this weekend. Emily is out of school on Thursday and Friday. Since there's no Friday night highschool football this week, Dan has his varsity game tonight. He and his crew went all the way to Rush City tonight. Since the kids and I were home alone tonight, we made dinner (delicious Shepherds Pie-see below) and then after dinner, the kids and I made a double batch of the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Man, they are so good!
Tomorrow or Friday, Dan and the kids will take a trip out to Gerten's to pick out pumpkins!
The super easy recipe for Shepherd's Pie:
2 tbsp canola oil
1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
couple grinds of pepper
1 tbsp fresh thyme
3 cups mashed potatoes (I used Betty Crocker Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes, prepared)
Preheat oven to 350. In a heavy skillet over medium heat, brown onions in the oil. Add the ground beef and break into chunks. Cook ground beef 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add the bag of frozen veggies, the thyme and pepper. Stir and cook another minute and then stir in worcestershire sauce and the pepper.
Put the ground beef mixture in a deep dish pie pan and top with the mashed potatoes. I topped the mashed potatoes with some grated cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until the potatoes are browned and the meat is bubbly. Serve!
So, as I'm typing this, I've got Jon and Kate + 8 on. How does Jon tolerate living with such a CRAZY and freakishly OCD woman that almost NEVER says anything nice about her husband? Emily and Louie like to watch the show about all the kids, honestly, I used to enjoy watching it. Now that I've done a little blog surfing and read about what a self-centered woman Kate is, I can't stand it. Jon and Kate are having their day together and Jon wanted to get his teeth whitened. . . well, Kate couldn't stand the thought of being next to Jon with him having whitened teeth and she doesn't? unreal . . . I'm sure that like everything else for this family, it was FREE!
Grandma Conrad’s Rhubarb Cake
3 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment