The Photographers' Workshop begins today!
I'm sure you figured that out, since the countdown timer is complete. Of course, Blogger won't cooperate and let me delete it from our blog, so you get to look at it until I can get that fixed.
I have been anxiously awaiting the start of the class. I'm certain that you'll notice an immediate improvement in the quality of my photos! (wink)
Yesterday, we celebrated Dan's birthday. Emily and Louie went upstairs and woke him up (he had a bad cold all weekend) and screamed "happy birthday" in his ear. They were very excited to celebrate. We had a Butter Braid for breakfast. I would have taken pix, but you don't need to see the bathrobe that I sort of regret giving to him for Christmas a few years back. Let's just say that he LOVES to wear it when he's not feeling well . . .
The kids and I spent a good part of the morning outside getting all the assorted winter greens in the urn on the front step and in the window boxes. They look so nice and ready for winter. I love getting ready for Christmas decorating. We'll put the lights out next weekend . . . can't wait!
Later in the afternoon, we went to the annual remembrance service at Assumption. It is held to remember all in the parish who have died in the last year. It was a lovely service. Of course, I got sad and emotional when my Dad's name was read. That moment was overshadowed by Louie's blabbering on and on. He got all worked up when the name "Thomas (blah blah)" was read. The kid has a one track mind and every track leads to Thomas the Tank Engine. He kept going on and on (loudly) "Thomas, he's a really useful engine. Where's my James??" You get the idea.
After that, we went to Fabulous Fern's and had dinner to celebrate Dan's birthday. The two Grandma's were there. It was really nice and the food was delicious, as usual. Dan had butternut squash ravioli with nutmeg and garlic cream sauce. That was truly heaven in a big bowl. I didn't order it, good thing. I probably would have licked out the bowl. It was so delicious!
Tune in later for updates on the photography class . . .
Grandma Conrad’s Rhubarb Cake
3 months ago


1 comment:
i am SO excited about class starting today! look forward to having you as a classmate! :)
it is going to rock!
Post a Comment