Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpking carving....my favorite!

We carved our pumpkins this morning, before Dan took off for his football game. I realized that I really don't like gutting a pumpkin and wanted to get started on that before he left. Smart thinking....
Louie wasn't into sticking his hands into the pumpkin either. He said "No way! My hands will get dirty." So, we used our scoops.
He stepped in a scooped all the stuff out of all three pumpkins....I was a happy girl!

When we went to the pumpkin patch earlier this month, we picked up these little "snap jack" variety pumpkins. They were cute and little, but turns out they are great for roasting seeds! So, we got the insides out and I carved the kids initals in them... They thought that was so cool!

Our finished pumpkins. I'm really not creative when it comes to pumpkin carving.... Louie just wanted me to make a happy face, because the other ones are scary! I was happy to oblige!

1 comment:

Val said...

Cute pics/story. I love the facial expressions. :)