Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Target Field

We went to our first Twins game this season at Target Field and it couldn't have been a more perfect day! Dan couldn't go, so we took my nephew, Patrick with us. He's a big sports fan! To avoid parking downtown and to also avoid the lightrail, we drove over to Minneapolis and took the bus.
We walked 2 blocks down 7th Street, rigth into the Plaza.

Then headed up the stairs to our seats. Emmy and Louie were so excited!
the view from our seats was great!

Across the field is the Budweiser Beer Drinking Deck.
View of the field from our seats:
Louie and I walked the whole concourse. Our seats are directly above the little red spot on the MLB Logo. You can see Emily's white Twins cap....
a
a view from the expensive seats....directly behind home plate.
A wide angle shot from our seats.
the scoreboard with the largest TV monitor at any field in MLB.
I guess this thing lights up to show their hands shaking when the Twins hit a homerun. They had a tough game on Sunday and I don't recall if they hit one...

Louie got a souvenier "inaugural season baseball."
Emily had to sit in the front seat of the bus, all by herself on the way home! She was talking to everyone that got off and on the bus.
We had a great time at the game and couldn't have asked for better weather! Outdoor baseball is back... I remember going to Twins games with my grandparents at Met Stadium when I was a kid. They were big Twins fans!

2 comments:

Val said...

That looks like it was a great time! Good seats, beautiful day, and happy kiddos-waht an adventure! Go Momma Juli!

Olivia said...

Great to see these! Our first game is July 3rd, I'm so excited! So I'm struggling with what lens to bring, more than likely I'll bring my 24-70, it's just so damn big. Is there lots of space under the seats to stash stuff?