Emily fell out of her bed, for the first time ever, last night. She was in such a deep sleep, when I went into her room after hearing the loud THUD at 11:15pm, she was completely disoriented and had no idea where she was. When it initially happened, I didn't think it was too bad, so I tried to get her back to sleep.

But after a few minutes of crying, I realized that she really was hurt and not being her (overly) dramatic self. So, I called Dan, who was out with a couple friends last night and told him to get home....ASAP!

He came home and I moved Emily to her seat in the van and they headed to Children's Hospital ER. After a short wait of less than 5 minutes, they brought her in to get checked out. X-Rays and some other doctor stuff took place. A prescription of Tylenol with Codeine later and her arm wrapped up like this:

they arrived home about 2:30am. Unfortunately, Emily isn't able to participate in her much anticipated swimming lessons and inner city tennis that we had lined up for Saturdays this fall. Instead, she's is spending the day, snuggled in to her Shaggy Puppy Sleeping Bag and watching a series of princess movies on the portable DVD player.

She's got a pretty good set up in there, don't you think?


1 comment:
Oh how awful! Sounds like she was a very brave girl. It's not her writing hand is it? That would make things extra hard. I hope she can get a "raincheck" on the fun activities you had planned. Poor pumpkin. :(
Post a Comment