Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Christmas Tree

We put up out Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. Thanks to this little gadget: The Light Keeper Pro!

I bought our Christmas tree at Menards when Emily was one. It was $70 and it is perfect for our house. Tall, slim and lots of lights. We haven't had any problems with the lights since day 1. This year, we got it put together and there were 3 strings of lights out. I did NOT want to buy a new tree.
I ran to Menards and grabbed the gadget and voila, it was like magic....the strings were lit up and the tree was good as new.
The next morning, Emily and Louie were so surprised that the tree was out, ready and working....I told them that the Christmas Tree Fairy came and got it all ready for them to decorate!

The both went straight to work and hung their ornaments. Each ornament had a couple questions "Who gave me this one and when did I get it?"
Emily got this ornament from my Godmother as a baby gift when she was born.

3
Louie got this ornament for a Baptism gift (and I don't recall who it is from, the list is in the attic).

And this beauty, I got it from my Grandma for my first Christmas in 1967. It has been on our tree from that first year. Even though it is a one eyed creature, I love it!

Here's the finished product and I think it looks lovely!


1 comment:

Val said...

lovely...all of them. :)