What a day! It's 80 degrees and sunny, there's a nice breeze and it's lovely outside. We've been busy around here. Dan Kelly got the outside hose working on the driveway side of the house, yeah! We can wash cars and water flowers. The little garden that Emily and I planted last Friday is doing great.

The watermelon and/or cantelope, not sure which is sprouting and the cucumber is finally not looking dead! Emily's lettuce garden is also doing very well. She's so proud of it. Grandpa Don was over this morning and she kept bringing him outside to show him her garden.
Grandpa Don was over because on Thursday night, in the middle of the night, I heard a crash. No clue at the time what it was. Well, when Dan went in the cupboard for a coffee cup on Friday morning, the cabinet had split on the back wall and the shelf broke off the pegs. Yikes! All our dishes and glassware (wedding gifts) were in there. It could have been very bad. Thank goodness it happened this week and not next when we're gone!
Anyhow, it's all fixed.
Today:

After 4 years in this house, the peonies that have been moved around the yard finally bloomed. There's only six flowers on the plants this year, but I'm sure there will be more next. It's so beautiful. I LOVE peonies. Especially the bright pink ones. (wink, wink) Especially the peonies that I dug out of the dork next doors yard when he was puttin up his fence a few years ago. They were right in the middle of where he was going to put a post and he would have just drilled down on top of them. (boob, same guy that never mows his lawn and has a euphorian dandelion farm in his yard!)
Yesterday:

Thursday:

Oh well, they're mine now and I've been giving then TLC since and they have finally bloomed!
This is Emily and her teacher Lori from the ice cream social the other night. Emily is really going to miss school during the summer months. She really likes her teachers, especially Lori.
No comments:
Post a Comment