Louie was in HEAVEN up there. There are a bunch of old metal Tonka trucks in the shed. Well, you would think he had died and gone to heaven. These trucks weigh about as much as he does, but he hauled them around the yard with him. He had a ball. Emily got to take Nick's tackle box and fishing pole down to the lake and "fish" (aka: float a bobber on a line in the water). She was very excited to do that. Louie got to ride around the yard with Charlie on the tractor and then "drive" it. Ever since we were in Florida and I made the HUGE mistake of letting him sit in the drivers seat of the rental car while we installed carseats, he wants to drive everytime he gets in the car. He's quickly approaching the terrible two's, something we never experienced with Emily. Emily went to the doctor last week for a pre-op appointment and the doctor asked why she had all the bite marks on her arms? Dan and I were clueless, until Sunday when she was screaming ouch in the play house in back and there were teeth marks on her arms . . . Louie was running the other direction. It was obvious who bit her. . . .
Everyone was tired and the kids were asleep before we even got to the paved road leaving the farm.
On Sunday, we had Pat and Judy Whalen over for a BBQ. They are the friends that we're going to Hawaii with. What a fun time, we are sure going to have fun over there. Dan told them that I really wanted to go on a helicopter ride around the island for my birthday and Pat announced that he happened to have just received his helicopter pilot's liscence, what a coincidence! Thanks for the offer, but we'll go with the guys that run the trips on the island for a living. I said I would go any day, but Friday the 13th!!!!
Monday, we went to the Como Zoo. It was the first weekend that Como Town was open. We were there with about 10,000 other people. The zoo wasn't nearly as busy though. We saw tons of animals. It was great!
I'll post pictures soon, promise!


No comments:
Post a Comment