
On Saturday, Louie was shipped off to Lynch's house for the day and Emily worked on potty training the whole day.
She did so well! We have been working with her for several weeks now and she just wasn't catching on. The key for successful training is that your child have the awareness of when they actually have the urge to go.
Saturday, we tackled Toilet Training in Less than a Day. I read a bunch of info on the interet about it. It has very positive reviews and also a few negative ones. I made an assumption of life at the homes that the people who wrote the negative ones and determined that the parenting style was totally different than how Dan and I parent.
Anyhow, we started the day by having Emily teach her dolly how to use the potty and keep her pants dry. Emily then is praised for keeping her own pants dry . . . and so on.
She did keep her pants dry the whole day and used the potty four times throughout the day.
Yesterday, we had to pick up where we left off and I was met with much resistence. But, we overcame that by praising her, etc. She finally is understanding the feeling of when she has to use the potty, now it is having her figure out how to allow herself enough time to get there.
We had Lynch's for dinner last night and Emily came in the house from playing with all the kids, needing to go to the potty, but didn't make it in time. She's catching on!
Today, she got right out of bed, went and sat on her potty and went!
I let her teachers at school know where we're at in the process. I'm hoping that tomorrow, when she goes to school she will be motivated by all the other kids that are trained and want to go regularly. Until then, no diapers, just tons of laundry. Can tennis shoes go in the washing machine???
Dan and the kids are going to their first day of ECFE for the year. Emmy and Louie were so excited to get back to class and see their friends and sing songs with Todd and his guitar. They love circle time!
Emily finally has her first day of school tomorrow, she can hardly wait for the school bus to come and get her to take her to pre-school!
She did so well! We have been working with her for several weeks now and she just wasn't catching on. The key for successful training is that your child have the awareness of when they actually have the urge to go.
Saturday, we tackled Toilet Training in Less than a Day. I read a bunch of info on the interet about it. It has very positive reviews and also a few negative ones. I made an assumption of life at the homes that the people who wrote the negative ones and determined that the parenting style was totally different than how Dan and I parent.
Anyhow, we started the day by having Emily teach her dolly how to use the potty and keep her pants dry. Emily then is praised for keeping her own pants dry . . . and so on.
She did keep her pants dry the whole day and used the potty four times throughout the day.
Yesterday, we had to pick up where we left off and I was met with much resistence. But, we overcame that by praising her, etc. She finally is understanding the feeling of when she has to use the potty, now it is having her figure out how to allow herself enough time to get there.
We had Lynch's for dinner last night and Emily came in the house from playing with all the kids, needing to go to the potty, but didn't make it in time. She's catching on!
Today, she got right out of bed, went and sat on her potty and went!
I let her teachers at school know where we're at in the process. I'm hoping that tomorrow, when she goes to school she will be motivated by all the other kids that are trained and want to go regularly. Until then, no diapers, just tons of laundry. Can tennis shoes go in the washing machine???
Dan and the kids are going to their first day of ECFE for the year. Emmy and Louie were so excited to get back to class and see their friends and sing songs with Todd and his guitar. They love circle time!
Emily finally has her first day of school tomorrow, she can hardly wait for the school bus to come and get her to take her to pre-school!


1 comment:
Way to go Emily! I was hoping it went well for you guys on Saturday! Keep up the good work girlfriend!
Love, Auntie Tesa
Post a Comment