Monday, September 8, 2008

So excited!!!

Ever since we got our digital SLR camera a year and a half ago, I have been in search of a class to teach me how to use it. Yes, we paid a lot of money for the camera and now have really invested in some good quality "glass" and I was using it on the full auto mode??? It drove Dan nuts when I used the "green box" mode. I graduated to the AV mode (still don't know what it means) last winter. Now, I needed to know what I was doing.
My ultimate goal was to have really nice pictures to scrapbook. I figured that I spend a lot of time and money on scrapbooking and what is the point with the crappy pictures that we were getting from the point and shoot. I also got so tired of missing that one picture because of the focusing delay of the stupid point and shoot.
In July, I came across a website that had a link to The Photographers' Workshop by Karen Russell. I read some reviews from past and current participants and then found the class description. I knew that this was the class for me. On-line??? what could be better than that for me? the internet junkie. . . Well, Karen posted an announcement on her blog back in July announcing two new class offerings. I figured that they would fill up as fast as they did before and I would never have a chance. I added a reminder to Outlook to remind me to register. I am a TOTAL loser and entered the registration time as eastern time and really it was pacific time. I was 2 hours early (but would have been late if I wasn't a moron.) So, I sat on a training session at work for 3 hours today and kept going to the registration page.
The registration page was out there at 10:59 am on my computer and I completed the registration form by 11:00am and I got in!!!!
I just read on Karen's blog and all the classes were filled up in 2 minutes, yes I said TWO!
But, I can't wait for November to start taking this class. Unfortunately, it doesn't start until November 17. . .

3 comments:

jenny said...

hey! i made it in too! i can't wait until november - this class is going to rock. i've just been checking out everyone's blogs. :)

MandMKoehn_3Kids said...

Hey Julie! I would have loved to take the class with you! I also have been trying to find a class to show me how to use my Canon Rebel XT SLR! I also use the green square a lot! I have had my camera for over 3 years! You will have to tell me if you like it and let me know when she will be offering a new class! How much is it to take the class?

Val said...

Hi there! I made it in to Karen's class too and was just checking blogs to meet my new classmates too...oh the fun we are going to have!!! YEA!!