I just got and e-mail from my mom about Cec, her best friend. They have been friends since they were little girls and have gone to school together their whole lives. They shared their first apartment together out of college when they were both teachers in Hastings. She's been there for my mom through everything in the last 33 years with my Dad and all his cancer treatments, surgeries and hospitalizations.
Anyhow, Cec went in for her routine mamogram three weeks ago. There was a lump and so the normal procedures were gone through. MRI, lumpectomy and ultimately a double mastectomy last Friday. She and her family felt good about everything, as the surgeon told them it appeared that the cancer hadn't spread to her lymph nodes.
Yesterday, she went in for her post op appointment and the pathology came back that it had in fact spread. She is now facing an extensive course of chemotherapy, etc.
If you're reading this, say an extra prayer for her. Cec is one of the kindest, most generous and geniune people that I know (one of the funniest ladies I know as well). I also feel for my mom, she is in the middle of the grieving process for my Dad and now this!
Grandma Conrad’s Rhubarb Cake
3 months ago


1 comment:
Hey Juli - sorry to hear about your mom's friend. I'll definitely keep her (Cec), as well as your mom, in my prayers.
Tesa
Post a Comment