
Dan had baseball games this morning and was out the door early. I decided that I would take Emily and Louie to "the farm" (aka: Gerten's). They call it the farm because there's lots of tractors running everywhere and the first time we went there that they remember, there was a farm animal petting zoo. We filled out cart with flowers and herbs and then headed out to the shrubs to let the kids run!
There is a beautiful display out there that has a path, bridges and a Japanese Coi pond. Emily was talking to the "coi keeper" about the fish and how big they are. (this was after the coi keeper hollered at her brother for throwing rocks into the pond. )


When we got home and were busy working out in the backyard, this little man made an announcement "Mom, I want to wear big boy pants and sit on the potty today!"
Here we go again! We have been anxiously awaiting for him to show interest in using the potty. I guess him seeing his new train bed out in the garage has finally sunk in. We've been telling him that he gets his big boy train bed when he goes to the bathroom on the potty.

So, we went inside and put on some big boy underwear and sunscreen to protect his fair skinned legs.

We were outside for about a half hour and he said "Mommy, I have to pee!" and when I looked over at him, this is what I saw:

So, then I explained to him that the feeling that he had, when he hollered to me that he had to pee . . . that's what it feels like to have to go potty. He's a smart little kid, he said "Ok mom, I'll tell you when I have to pee again."
About an hour later, when I asked if he had to go potty, this is what I saw:
He was trying to pee right there in the middle of the yard.
What a great day! we've made progress in the right direction. Maybe this last package of diapers really will be our last pack! Yippee!






No comments:
Post a Comment