Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I miss my Dad . . .




Today marks the one year anniversary of my dad passing away. I was awakened at 5am this morning, which is when he died. I miss him everyday and not a day goes by that I don't think about him. When we talk about him at home and ask Emily and Louie where Papa is? they respond, "Papa is in heaven with Jesus and the Angels." They are so sweet.


Yesterday, my heart missed a beat. My phone rang at work and the caller-id was my Dad's old cell phone number. He always called me around 11am and it was about 11:45. I had completely forgotten that my nephew has his old cellphone and the number on the family plan. It was such a weird feeling!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Juli:

All of those things happened for a reason - your dad was letting you know he thinks of you and misses you too. I wish the sun would come out and shine for you so that you could see in it his smiling face.

sara