Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hiatus

UPDATE: the good people at Canon, USA just confirmed that my lens does have some "poor focus issues and back focus problems" and are in the process of repairing my lens. it should be returned to me early next week! YAY!!!!

I'm taking a temporary hiatus in blogger land....at least when it comes to posting photos. I haven't taken any photos for a few days. For the past couple of weeks, I've been struggling with my 50mm lens; I felt like I wasn't getting a decent picture whenever I picked up my camera...It was so frustrating!
Last week, Karen Russell suggested that maybe my lens was doing a little back focusing. What is back focusing? I didn't really know. So my nerdy photography friend, Sherri, filled me in. Sure enough, that is what I think it is doing!
On Thursday, I called Canon had a long chat with a tech person. She checked some of my images and thought that might be the problem. So, on Friday, I wrapped my baby in several layers of bubble wrap and packed her in a box; I kissed her goodbye and told her to come back soon. She's going on a little vacation to New Jersey. I hope that whatever the good people at Canon do will fix her problem.
See you soon Sugar! we'll miss you while you're away!

2 comments:

Val said...

So...what IS backfocusing? Maybe mine is doing the same thing?? Or maybe I'm just sucking right now-hahaha!! I'm getting ready to send my 28-75mm back for some serious lens creep going on, which won't let me get any shots in focus. waaah!

I hope your baby comes home soon. :)

Unknown said...

I don't think I've EVER gotten a decent picture and I'm convinced it's a problem with the lens!!!! hahaha.