Last Friday night, some "kids" were out and about the neighborhood causing trouble. Being that light sleeper that I am and our bedroom window was open, I heard them out carousing in the street. At first, we thought it was people from the house on the corner outside smoking . . . until the doorbell rang.
Dan and I both jumped out of bed, he to his robe and me to the window to see what was going on. I could hear them, but couldn't see them.
Well, they stopped by and left a box of junk on our step . . . but lit it on fire before running off.
Ever since then, I've had visions of our whole house burning to the ground and all I can think of is all the pictures that we would lose . . . wedding pictures, family pictures, kids pictures, etc.
Currently, we don't have them backed up anywhere. I found SmugMug last year when I was searching for somewhere to scan negatives and make them digital, but never checked it out.
I checked it out in January and have had every intention of starting to upload pictures to their website.
Well, I've finally started uploading and what a project!
http://pelletierfamily.smugmug.com
At the same time, we've gotten all our wedding photos transferred to digital images and want to create an album, but they need a little work. Now we're adding Photoshop to the list of things to work on.
If anyone has a recommendation on books for Photoshop Elements, please let us know. It's soooo user friendly and my patience for this stuff isn't very long.
We're plugging away at all the pictures to Smugmug . . . I didn't realize we had so many pictures.
Grandma Conrad’s Rhubarb Cake
5 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment