Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ahhh, it's over . . . . .

Ah, the weekend is over and what a busy weekend it was!
We celebrated Valentine's day by dropping the kids off at Grandma's house for an overnight. Dan and I then zoomed up to the White Bear Lake movie theaters for a matinee. We saw "Slumdog Millionaire" and if you're thinking of a movie, just GO. It is a really good movie and very well written story. Both Dan and I loved it.
We got home from the movie and made cheese fondue. I haven't had fondue for years. My parents used to have fondue parties with us kids. We'd get it all set up on the coffee table in the living room and have a little fondue party in front of the Muppet Show or something like that on Saturday night. YUM. I love swiss cheese fondue. Really, what's not to love? A boiling pot of cheese, wine and garlic with a side of delicious bread for dipping?










We met the kids and Grandma at church this morning and it was very apparent that Emily and Louie were tired. Louie was doing everything possible to be naughty. Grandma Kay stopped by to drop off Valentine's for the kids and then Dan turned on some NASCAR for Louie to watch. He finally stopped running, sat on the couch with Dan and was OUT. Emily is really into making up a little bed for herself on the living room floor lately. Well, she made one for herself today and soon, she was OUT.




Yesterday, before we left for Grandma's house, Emily was playing in her room, watching the big snowflakes fall. She was looking out the window, wearing these cute sunglasses that she got for her birthday.













































It's been a while since I have gotten some fun pictures of her.

DEAL ALERT: While everyone was napping and/or watching a movie after lunch today, I ran to Sear's to pick up some laundry soap. For those of you that have front loading machines, Sears has a really great HE (high efficiency) laundry detergent. Well, I got to Sears and the boxes of powder (that is over 125 loads) was only $13 and the bottles of liquid (33 loads) was only $3. Yep, that is about $.10 a load. Ten cents a load. That's about 50% less than the liquid that is for HE machines at Sam's Club. So, in these tight economic times, get yourself to Sears and pick up some of their fabulous laundry detergent!

No comments: