We grew the majority of our plants from seeds this year. It was a fun winter project, to plant the various seeds and watch them grow.
This is our jalapeno pepper plant, this is one of the many peppers that has sprouted.

Next, we've got onions. We weren't planning on putting in onions, but Tesa ended up buying a bag of onion sets so, we planted some of her extras.
There's a variety of tomatoes (Sweet 100, Roma, Early Girl and Beefsteak) and cilantro, so we've got our own salsa garden.

Over by the driveway, we've got a little garden of bush beans. Hopefully, we'll have a great crop of vegetables and fruits (we also have a Sugar Baby watermelon). We will keep you posted!

QUESTION: How does one know when onions are ready to pick? I've never grown onions before . . . if you're reading this and have a clue, leave a comment and let me know!!!


1 comment:
I don't know but I planted Walla Walla sweets this year and I can see the bulb getting bigger - i think onions are harvested in the late summer / early fall?? I LOVE gardening!!
Post a Comment