We made s'mores last weekend. Someone was a little impatient waiting for the coals to be ready so that we could roast the marshmellows. So, he passed the time pretending he was a pirate and having a sword fight with the lighter. No, we normally don't let our kids play with lighters; I don't worry about this one too much, I can hardly get it to work.

Once the coals were ready, we got roasting. They started out "toasting" their marshmellows.

I watched Louie carefully toast his...

but he wasn't interested in eating the s'mores or "lightly toasting" the marshmellows.

All he wanted to do was make them burn and flame so he could blow them out like birthday candles.

This girl, LOVED her s'mores and actually ate two of them.

It felt like the end of summer and it was a great way to cap off a really fun summer with the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment