Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Louie


Some photos from Louie's birthday party on Sunday. (click on the collage and it will open in a bigger window)
It's 4am, I can't sleep. So, I'm spending the time figuring out how to better use blogger. This is about all I can come up with.
Louie's party: what a beautiful day! that was why we live in Minnesota. The weather was fabulous. We had the party at Wabun Park in Minneapolis. Everyone got there at 11:30, we had yummy pulled pork sandwiches and hot dogs for the kids, homemade potato salad and for dessert, DQ sandwiches. Louie isn't a big fan of cake and generally doesn't eat it. But he sure loves ice cream sandwiches when the ice cream truck comes by. So, what better than what the boy loves! After lunch, Louie opened presents and then all the kids went over to the wading pool to swim. I'm pretty sure they had a good time.
Lou got so many nice gifts. He pretty much loves everything, his faves are: the firefighter rain coat, the (giant) recycycling truck, the giant dump truck, Doc Hudson and the King, and some Thomas the Tank Engine bath toys, books and a magnifying glass and some bugs. His absolute favorite of the day was the scooter that Dan and I gave him. I took the kids to Creative Kidstuff so Emily could pick out a gift for Louie. He jumped on this scooter when we walked in the door and screamed when I took him off of it to go home. Little did he know, there was one wrapped up in the back of the van. It's a great little scotter. It's got four wheel drive!
It was a fabulous day. Thanks everyone for coming, Louie had a really fun day and thanks for all the great gifts. (he hasn't seen a few since the party, we're saving for a rainy day!)

No comments: