Saturday, August 16, 2008

the number three

Remember when I said bad things happen in three's?
Well, they really do. After my dad passing away on June 30, my auntie Jeanne passing away last Tuesday, I was a little worried about what would happen next.
Adding to that, when the phone rings before 8am, nothing good (except babies being born) happens. Yesterday morning, after I had been up half the night unable to sleep, our phone rang at 6am. My mom was panicing on the phone that something was wrong with her and to come get her and take her to the ER. I was thinking, SERIOUSLY???? I got a grip, threw some clothes on and drove 80 mph to her house.
Turns out after 6 hours in the ER at Regions, the admitted her and did some testing to find out that she has "ischemic colitis." She's also suddenly has high blood pressure (187/100) so, they admitted her and she's staying until Monday. Of course, she's very upset now that she won't be able to go to my Auntie Jeanne's funeral on Monday morning.
She's going to be ok and there's no worries of colon cancer, but it was a scary 18 hours yesterday.
Today, we're going to hopefully stay event free and enjoy our anniversary.

No comments: