Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More sad news . . .

I just go off the phone and got some unbelievable news. My Auntie Jeanne died tonight at 7pm.
This picture is from my Dad's 70th birthday party four years ago. Auntie Jeanne is in the middle, her daughter Kris is on the left and Barb Evans, a cousin of my Dad's is on the right.
She is my Dad's brother, Don's wife. Don and Jeanne have been married since sometime in the 1950's. Since my mom is an only child and Don was the only sibling of my dad's that lived here, we spent all our holidays as kids with the Jansen cousins. There are five kids in their family: Laurie, Paul, Pat, Kris and Dave (I think that's the right order???)
Funny story, when I was a little girl, I never called her Auntie Jeanne, I always referred to her as Mrs. Jansen??? She would tease me for years for that and it always made me smile.
I am so sad at the loss of her. My mom talked to Tracey, Jeanne's niece from the Finch side of their family. Unbelievable, but I guess Jeanne found out on Friday that she had very advanced colon cancer. They did surgery first thing yesterday morning and realized during the surgery that it had mastesized to all of her abdominal organs.
Of course, I worry about my Uncle Don. He's gone through the exact same health issues as my dad in the last three years and isn't well himself. He was diagnosed with bladder cancer a couple years ago, had chemo, had his bladder removed. While he was going through his bladder recovery, he needed to have quadruple by pass surgery. It was then that my dad decided "maybe I should have my heart checked out??" and he had quadruple by-pass surger 3 days later.
So, I had good intentions of posting some fun pictures of Louie's birthday. Not tonight.


No comments: