Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our little string bean

Louie went to see Dr. Tuohy for his 2 year check up yesterday. I was amazed at his growth chart for the last year.
The stats are in for 2 years old:

Weight: 26 lbs (24th percentile)
Height: 34.25 inches (42nd percentile)

He's grown 3.25 inches in the last three months, but has only gained a pound in the last six months. I wonder if his activity level has something to do with it? He doesn't sit down, he is running from the time he gets up in the morning until he falls into bed at night.

Dan said that it was a very traumatic appointment for Emily. She is a very empathetic little girl and cries for everyone else, she cries hard. Yesterday, Louie got a little bit of blood drawn to test for lead paint, etc. It was a little finger stick that didn't even phase him, he was watching the nurse squeeze it out of his finger into the little tube. The whole time Emily was carrying on crying. Then out came the needle for his 2 year shots. Dan said that Louie cried for about 5 seconds and Emily cried for 5 minutes.

I had to laugh when I was reading the handout for a typical 2 year old. It says that they normally have a vocabulary of 20-50 words. Louie's got a vocabulary of 200-500 maybe. Dr. Tuohy said he is doing great and couldn't believe that he can count to 20, knows all his ABC's (he has since he was 15 months old) and he knows all his colors. I guess watching Signing Time has paid off for him!

No comments: