Friday, February 27, 2009

Whoops!

Had to share this funny story. . . . well it was very funny to me, as the mom.
I was getting some dinner ready for the kids tonight after Dan left to go to his basketball game. On Friday nights, when it is just me and the kids, I'll make something and we'll have a little picnic on the living room floor and watch a movie or play a game and eat dinner.
I was heating up some left over tuna noodle casserole (that was DELICIOUS, I must add....). The bowl was really hot and slipped out of my hand and smashed on the stove, dumping tuna noodle casserole all over me, the stove and the floor. I didn't say a word, honest. Emily was in the play room and heard the crash and yelled "oh dammit!" along with it came one of those frustrated sounding, "ugh!" groans. Followed up with "that's a big mess Mommy!"
It was all I could do to not laugh. I guess we (both Dan and I) need to be a little more cautious about what we say around here.....

Also, I'm trying to give our blog a fresh look for spring, because getting 8 inches of snow on February 26 is really sort of depressing. Especially when we're not going to Florida to play on the beach with the Florida Jansen's and Grandma this year (cry, cry, cry!) Anyhow, pardon the polka dots, I'm having a couple of issues getting the HTML coding to work for me and it's really bugging me! However, I refuse to give up! and will keep working at it. The fun yellow backgrounds are from the House of 3 website . . . they have some really awesome digi stuff for scrapbooking and blogs! Great colors, fun designs AND tutorials on how to use it all! What can be better than that?

Polka dot issue is fixed! They were covering the whole screen and it was hard to read. I love polka dots!
Just another note, the borders on the photos, etc, that I've been using lately; one is from Hof3, some of them are from Nicole Van and many are from the Narratives collection (from Polka Dot Potato) that Karen Russell created. LOVE all of them . . . It takes me a while to learn and get comfortable working with stuff in Photoshop . . . I'll try to mix it up a little more. Getting the photos to fit inside the borders is difficult for those of us that are visually challenged!

1 comment:

hks said...

i LOVE your blog! you are SUPER SAAVY!... looks awesome. i was laughing at your story... connor was walking around our house saying 'shoot, shoot, shoot'... (i say it over and over LOL).they are so funny!
xo
heidi