Where does the time go?
I'm working on getting some pictures from our past weekend. We took the kids to the Minnesota Zoo on Friday, to see the Farm Babies exhibit. Oh my, were those farm babies cute!
Saturday, we hung out at home and the kids played with their new Little Red Scooters. Emily's PT at school suggested that a scooter is a good way for her to strenthen her leg muscles. So, we got two of them. It's not worth the fight.
Yesterday, we had an exciting day! Louie's been asking to go to the Children's Museum (aka the See Um) to see Clifford the Big Red Dog. So, we headed over there after doughnut Sunday at Church. It was so much fun. We didn't go to any other exhibit except Clifford and we were in there for almost 2 hours. Everyone was getting tired, so we headed home.
Grace was coming over to babysit yesterday afternoon while I went to see Le Miserables at De La Salle High School (my nephew Charlie was Javert) and it was really great! Dan had a softball meeting up in Brooklyn Center. When I got out of the show, my phone had 10 missed calls! I got home to an empty house! Wondering where everyone was, I called Dan to find out.
Turns out, Grace had an exciting afternoon with Emily and Louie.
For some reason, Emily puts just about everything that will fit, into her mouth! Gross, but I got over it long ago. So, yesterday afternoon Emily was playing with her Bitty Babies. She's fascinated with combing their hair, etc. So, she's got this little Bitty Baby hair comb and she put it in her mouth and it got jammed in her mouth somehow and she couldn't get it out??? No clue how this all happened, but Emily freaked out and was screaming. Grace couldn't get it out of her mouth and then Emily was hysterical. (she must have thrown up because her clothes in the dirty laundry stunk) So, Grace called her dad, Bill. He told her to call 911 and then he drove like 80 mph down Cleveland to get to our house in record time of less than 2 minutes!
Grace called 911 and the police came, but Bill was there and had gotten the comb out of Emily's mouth by the time that time.
Poor Grace. I feel so bad for her. I don't think the whole thing phased Emily at all. Louie told me that he heard a police car . . .
Let's hope that Grace will actually come back and babysit again! Emily and Louie love having her babysit.
Grandma Conrad’s Rhubarb Cake
3 months ago


2 comments:
I am glad Emily is OK! Poor Grace! Hopefully this didn't scare her from ever babysitting again! :-) Love the pics by the way!
TRAUMA!!! I hope Grace will return too..finding good babysitters is tough! LOL!
Post a Comment