Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Visit to the Dentist

Yesterday afternoon, Emily and I had appointments to get out teeth cleaned at the dental office.
Karri, the hygentist, was so good with Emily! We have been taking baby steps to get to the point of a full cleaning. A year ago, she came along and watched me, then she sat in the chair when I was done. In July, she let Dr. Lee count her teeth. Yesterday, Emily climbed right into the chair, let Karri inspect everything, polish all her teeth and then she even let her FLOSS!
I can't believe that she was so willing!
Dr. Lee wasn't there so we got our checks done by Dr. Coates. I don't think Emily was too fond of him, she kept trying to clamp down on his fingers when he was looking at her teeth. But, she was very good and got a new Disney Princess toothbrush and some princess floss things.
Louie came along to watch too. It's his turn on April 1, but Karri got him all ready! He got a new Lightening McQueen toothbrush and Buzz Lightyear toddler floss things. He let me floss his teeth with it tonight!
I went to the appointment, so I didn't have the camera with me (and the point and shoot has a dead battery and we have no charger, waiting for Grandma to get home). I'll be sure to bring it along for Louie's appointment. We'll see what happens!

1 comment:

Marcos said...

Open, relax. Open, relax. Open, relax.