Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring is on it's way!

Yesterday, when we were driving back from shopping, I was listening to the Twins' preseason baseball game that was on the radio. I love listening to the Twins' games on the radio, so reminescent of my childhood, when the announcer was Herb Karneel. Anyhow, it got me ancy for spring to just get here!
So, today we ran errands and then ended up at Pei Wei for lunch. My favorite!
The purpose of our trip was to go to Fleet Farm out in Oakdale. Louie was in need of a new pair of rubber rain boots. Every kid needs to have a pair of these on their feet when they walk out the door in this weather. There is an invisible magnetic force drawing them to puddles of every shape and size!



I knew that Fleet Farm has really great prices on the nice Western Chief rain boots (that sell for $35/pair at Nordstrom). I had seen a cute pair of fire fighter rain boots (to go with the cute rain coat that he got for his birthday!) there in November. So, we went to get Louie a pair. It was funny, back in the corner of the store there is the section with the giant cow and horse. When we walked by it, Emily said "Mom, I think that cow is peeing!" I really don't know where that came from? But we're at the stage in our house where our kids think that any sort of burp or toot is hilarious and something really special, Louie's figured out how to make himself burp?? How?? He's only 2.5 . . . what do we have to look forward to??
We also got a window sill seed starter greenhouse. I wanted to start our watermelon seeds early this year so that maybe we will actually get an edible one . . . so Emily and I planted Sugar Baby watermelon, beef steak tomatoes and flat leaf parsley seeds in our green house. She is very excited to watch them grow, but doesn't really understand the time factor of it taking a couple weeks.










































Louie got a Mr. Potato Head (aka: Spud) at Fleet Farm too. He has been CRAZY about Toy Story since last fall and we haven't gotten any toys from that movie. He was very excited to welcome him to his collection of stuff that he stores in his crib . . .

No comments: