Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Frozen Dairy Delivery Truck

On Thursday, it was 85 degrees and BEAUTIFUL! Dan went and umpired some baseball games, so it was just me and the kids for dinner. I made the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Scallopine and it was delish! Emily and Louie ate every bite of it and then more after their baths.
While I was in the kitchen making dinner, they were winding down on porch and watched a little bit of the Muppet's Treasure Island. This is their new favorite! Louie is totally into pirates now.

He does still love Thomas, Lightening McQueen and Buzz Lightyear. Anyhow, while they were watching the movie, the ice cream truck came by. It drove by really slow, I'm pretty sure the guy remembers which houses have kids and $$.
So, Louie heard the truck on the next block over and came in the kitchen to let me know it was coming. I had just stocked the freezer with mini ice cream sandwiches, in preparation of this event. I assured him that I'd already gotten him ice cream, but he had to eat his dinner.

He is such a wheeler dealer, always bargaining for the next best thing.
Anyhow, he got to get his ice cream sandwich and all was well with the world.

No comments: