Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Swimming Lessons

We started our 8 weeks of swimming lessons tonight. Both Emily and Louie were VERY excited to go and carried their pool bags out to the van. We got to Bridgeview a little early so we could change and get out stuff ready. There were only about half the kids there tonight, so it was really nice and small.
When we first got in the pool, Louie wanted no part of being in the pool and cried "I want to go home to Youie's house!" Poor kid was in tears in the pool. Dan and I switched kids, he took Emily and I took Louie. After that, I eased him into the pool and by the time we were leaving, he was jumping into the pool and climbing out himself, to jump back in again. Both of them were floating on their backs and fronts, kicking their legs. Surprisingly, they both adjusted so well and we didn't think that they would adjust so quickly.


Here they are standing at the stairs, waiting for our lessons to begin. So much fun!


No comments: