We've entered into a stage of parenting the I'm not prepared for. I wish the kids didn't have to be "trained" and that the process was like learning to walk . . . chuckle!
Dan and I have been talking about potty training Emily for a while now and as of Saturday, we had absolutely NO excuse to not. She came into the bathroom on Saturday morning complaining that she "hurt." I got her ready to change her diaper and her bum was bright red with a prickly heat looking rash. She'd had what looked like diaper rash earlier in the week and our trusted Butt Paste wasn't cutting it. I quickly got on the horn with our doctors office, as they have Saturday appointments from 9am to noon. We got right in and found out she has a combination of contact dermatitis and a yeast infection. Poor kid. But, Dr. Skildum said absolutely NO diapers except for night time for at least a week. He prescribed a medication to put on twice a day to help clear it up.
So, we are taking this opportunity to hopefully get Emily started on potty training.
On Saturday night, we went to Famous Dave's at MOA for cousin Nick's 17th birthday! Wow!
Anyhow, I got home with the kids and put Emmy right on the potty. While I ran aroung the house, she sat there reading a book. I heard her yelling in the bathroom, "I think I did it Mommy!" What? I asked. "I think I did it. I think I pooped." Sure enough, she'd gone #2.
It's baby steps, but we'll get there. Yesterday she went both #1 and #2 on the potty. We went to Babies R Us yesterday to get a little travel potty, some training pants and some pull-up type of pants (even though I swore I wouldn't use them), we need them for car rides, etc. I don't want to have to wash the carseat after each time we go somewhere. . . . So far, so good.
Think happy thoughts for us.
Words of wisdom and/or tips and tricks would be welcome!
Dan and I have been talking about potty training Emily for a while now and as of Saturday, we had absolutely NO excuse to not. She came into the bathroom on Saturday morning complaining that she "hurt." I got her ready to change her diaper and her bum was bright red with a prickly heat looking rash. She'd had what looked like diaper rash earlier in the week and our trusted Butt Paste wasn't cutting it. I quickly got on the horn with our doctors office, as they have Saturday appointments from 9am to noon. We got right in and found out she has a combination of contact dermatitis and a yeast infection. Poor kid. But, Dr. Skildum said absolutely NO diapers except for night time for at least a week. He prescribed a medication to put on twice a day to help clear it up.
So, we are taking this opportunity to hopefully get Emily started on potty training.
On Saturday night, we went to Famous Dave's at MOA for cousin Nick's 17th birthday! Wow!
It's baby steps, but we'll get there. Yesterday she went both #1 and #2 on the potty. We went to Babies R Us yesterday to get a little travel potty, some training pants and some pull-up type of pants (even though I swore I wouldn't use them), we need them for car rides, etc. I don't want to have to wash the carseat after each time we go somewhere. . . . So far, so good.
Think happy thoughts for us.
Words of wisdom and/or tips and tricks would be welcome!


No comments:
Post a Comment